6. The quality of life of non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients in the national hospital and associated factors
Nội dung chính của bài viết
Non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF) is a health burden worldwide. This paper outlines the hypothesis that demographic and medical history factors could affect the Quality of life (QoL) score among Vietnamese Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation (NVAF) patients. In general, themeanwere 55 (36.2%) patients had good QoL scores. The number of patients with good scores at physical health was 34 (22.4%) and mental health was 87 (57.3%). The factors that were statistically significant were smoking status, hypertension and stroke history. In conclusion, our study showed the prevalence and associated factors with QoL of Vietnamese NVAF patients.
Chi tiết bài viết
Associated factors, non-valvular atrial fibrillation, Quality of life
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Narita N, Okumura K, Kinjo T, et al. Trends in Prevalence of Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation and Anticoagulation Therapy in a Japanese Region - Analysis Using the National Health Insurance Database. Circ J Off J Jpn Circ Soc. 2020; 84(5): 706-713. doi:10.1253/circj.CJ-18-0989.
3. Gersh BJ, Tsang TSM, Seward JB. The changing epidemiology and natural history of nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: clinical implications. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2004; 115: 149.
4. Felce D, Perry J. Quality of life: Its definition and measurement. Res Dev Disabil. 1995; 16(1): 51-74. doi:10.1016/0891-4222(94)00028-8.
5. Varona JF, Seguí-Ripoll JM, Lozano-Duran C, et al. Health-related quality of life in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation patients with controlled or uncontrolled anticoagulation status. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2020; 18(1): 383. doi:10.1186/s12955-020-01563-1.
6. Ynsaurriaga FA, Peinado RP, Ormaetxe Merodio JM. Atrial fibrillation and quality of life related to disease and treatment: focus on anticoagulation. Future Cardiol. 2014; 10(3): 381-393. doi:10.2217/fca.14.13.
7. Tapak L, Cheraghi F, Sadeghi A, Shirmohammadi N, Feizybarnaji A. Usefulness of the SF-36 Health Survey questionnaire in screening for health-related quality of life among parents of children with cancer: Latent profile analysis. J Prev Med Hyg. 2022; 63(1): E142-E151. doi:10.15167/2421-4248/jpmh2022.63.1.2279.
8. Altiok M, Yilmaz M, Rencüsoğullari I. Living with Atrial Fibrillation: An Analysis of Patients’ Perspectives. Asian Nurs Res. 2015; 9(4): 305-311. doi:10.1016/j.anr.2015.10.001.
9. Chamberlain AM, Agarwal SK, Folsom AR, et al. Smoking and incidence of atrial fibrillation: results from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. Heart Rhythm. 2011; 8(8): 1160-1166. doi:10.1016/j.hrthm.2011.03.038.
10. Kario K, Abe T, Kanegae H. Impact of pre-existing hypertension and control status before atrial fibrillation onset on cardiovascular prognosis in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: A real-world database analysis in Japan. J Clin Hypertens Greenwich Conn. Published online December 9, 2019. doi:10.1111/jch.13755.
11. Kim JY, Lee SJ, Kim JH, Choi CM, Yoon SR, Jung KI. Effects of Atrial Fibrillation on the Outcome of the Rehabilitation in Patients With Cerebral Infarction. Ann Rehabil Med. 2014; 38(6): 766-774. doi:10.5535/arm.2014.38.6.766.