7. Quality of life in patients with lower extremities deep venous thrombosis using veines-qol/sym questionnaire
Nội dung chính của bài viết
Acute venous thromboembolism (VTE), including deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), is a common disorder with an annual incidence rate of 1-2 cases per 1000 persons. Health-related quality of life in patients after having DVT is impaired if not treated correctly. The VEINES - QOL (Sym) is a disease-specific instrument used to assess health-related quality of life in patients with chronic venous disease of the legs. A descriptive cross-sectional study was conducted on 32 patients diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis and treated at Vietnam National Heart Institute and Hanoi Medical University hospital. Our study indicated statistical differences in patients’ quality of life (QOL) before and one month after treatment. Mean difference for VEINES-QOL was 1.4 (p-value = 0.02), for VEINES-Sym was 1.6 (p-value = 0.01). Our study brought conclusions: anticoagulation therapy increased QOL in patients with DVT; and the principal factors influencing long-term QOL were oldage, BMI, recurrent DVT, and proximal DVT.
Chi tiết bài viết
Quality of life; deep venous thrombosis; VEINES-QOL/Sym score
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Wang KL, et al. Management of Venous Thromboembolism: Part I. The Consensus for Deep Vein Thrombosis. Acta Cardiol Sin. 2016; 32(1): 1-22.
3. Burgazlı KM, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of deep-vein thrombosis and approach to venous thromboembolism in obstetrics and gynecology. Journal of the Turkish German Gynecological Association. 2011; 12(3): 168.
4. Line BR, et al. Pathophysiology, and diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis. Semin Nucl Med. 2001; 31(2): 90-101.
5. Wells PS, et al. Value assessment of pretest probability of deep-vein thrombosis in clinical management. Lancet. 1997; 350(9094): 1795-8.
6. Ganguli S, et al. Efficacy of lower-extremity venous thrombolysis in congenital absence or atresia of the inferior vena cava. Cardiovascular and interventional radiology. 2012; 35(5): 1053-1058.
7. Gloviczki P and G MozEs. Development and anatomy of the venous system. in Handbook of Venous and Lymphatic Disorders: Guidelines of the American Venous Forum. 2017. CRC Press.
8. Burgazlı KM, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of deep-vein thrombosis and approach to venous thromboembolism in obstetrics and gynecology. Journal of the Turkish German Gynecological Association. 2011; 12(3): 168.
9. Brandjes DP et al. Acenocoumarol, and heparin compared with acenocoumarol alone in the initial treatment of proximal-vein thrombosis. N Engl J Med. 1992; 327(21): 1485-9.
10. van Dongen CJ, et al. Fixed dose subcutaneous low molecular weight heparins versus adjusted dose unfractionated heparin for venous thromboembolism. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004(4): 134.
11. Hull R, et al. Different intensities of oral anticoagulant therapy in the treatment of proximal-vein thrombosis. N Engl J Med. 1982; 307(27): 1676-81.
12. Group W. Development of the World Health Organization WHOQOL-BREF quality of life assessment. Psychological medicine. 1998: 551-55.
13. Utne KK, et al. Health-related quality of life after deep vein thrombosis. Springerplus. 2016; 5(1): 1278.
14. Ware, J.E. and M. Kosinski, SF-36 physical & mental health summary scales: a manual for users of version 1. 2001: Quality Metric, p.23.
15. Streiner DL, GR Norman, and J Cairney. Health measurement scales: a practical guide to their development and use. 2015: Oxford University Press, USA.
16. Han JH et al. Metabolic syndrome and quality of life (QOL) using generalized and obesity-specific QOL scales. Int J Clin Pract. 2009; 63(5): 735-41.
17. Donna L Lamping, Sara Schroter, Xavier Kurz et al. Evaluating outcomes in chronic venous disorders of the leg: development of a scientifically rigorous, patient-reported measure of symptoms and quality of life. J Vasc Surg. 2003; 37(2): 410-419.
18. Kahn SR, et al. Prospective evaluation of the health-related quality of life in patients with deep venous thrombosis. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2005; 165(10): 1173-1178.