Nội dung chính của bài viết
Congenital penile curvature (CPC) is a rare condition in men but has considerable impact on male sexual activity as well as their mental health. Many techniques had been proposed to manage this condition, however the corporal rotation technique had the advantage of preserving the penile length. Therefore, we conducted a study on 16 men with CPC who were treated with corporal rotation surgery to evaluate the outcome of this technique. The results showed that the mean degree of curvature was 51 ± 12.2 degree. The majority of patients had a moderate penile curvature (< 60 degree) and ventral curvature (75%). After the surgery, the residual curvature decreased significantly (from 51 ± 12.2 degree to 16.6 ± 6.34 degree with p < 0.001). We observed no remarkable changes in all penile dimensions including stretched penile length (13.6 ± 0.93cm before the surgery compared with 13.3 ± 0.89cm after the surgery with p = 0.01). Erectile function of the subjects was also significantly improved especially in the intercourse satisfaction domain.
Chi tiết bài viết
Congenital penile curvature, corporal rotation technique, erectile function
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Hatzimouratidis K, Eardley I, Giuliano F, et al. EAU guidelines on penile curvature. Eur Urol. 2012;62(3):543-552. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2012.05.040.
3. Nesbit RM. Congenital Curvature of the Phallus: Report of Three Cases with Description of Corrective Operation. Journal of Urology. 1965;93(2):230-232. doi:10.1016/S0022-5347(17)63751-0.
4. Levine LA, Lenting EL. A surgical algorithm for the treatment of peyronie's disease. Journal of Urology. 1997;158(6):2149-2152. doi:10.1016/S0022-5347(01)68184-9.
5. Shaeer O, Shaeer K, Abdulrasool M. Corporal rotation for correction of isolated congenital dorsal curvature of the penis without shortening. Human Andrology. 2011;1(1):26-29. doi:10.1097/01.XHA.0000396632.75175.8e.
6. Yachia D. Text Atlas of Penile Surgery. CRC Press; 2013. doi:10.3109/9780203007198.
7. Shaeer O, Shaeer K. Shaeer’s Corporal Rotation III: Shortening-Free Correction of Congenital Penile Curvature-The Noncorporotomy Technique. European Urology. 2016;69(1):129-134. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2015.08.004.
8. Devine CJ, Horton CE. Chordee without Hypospadias. Journal of Urology. 1973;110(2):264-271. doi:10.1016/S0022-5347(17)60183-6.
9. Nyirády P, Kelemen Z, Bánfi G, Rusz A, Majoros A, Romics I. Management of congenital penile curvature. J Urol. 2008;179(4):1495-1498. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2007.11.059.
10. Makovey I, Higuchi TT, Montague DK, Angermeier KW, Wood HM. Congenital Penile Curvature: Update and Management. Curr Urol Rep. 2012;13(4):290-297. doi:10.1007/s11934-012-0257-x.
11. Kadioglu A, Akman T, Sanli O, Gurkan L, Cakan M, Celtik M. Surgical Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease: A Critical Analysis. European Urology. 2006;50(2):235-248. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2006.04.030.
12. Chen J, Gefen A, Greenstein A, Matzkin H, Elad D. Predicting penile size during erection. Int J Impot Res. 2000;12(6):328-333. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3900627.