Nội dung chính của bài viết
“Kien nao dan” (KND) tablet is composed of 13 traditional medicines that may has preventive and effective treatment of cerebral ischemia. However, there are no scientific reports of its toxicological properties which guarantee of the safety its usage treatment. Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the sub-chronic toxicity of KND tablet on rats through oral administration. The sub-chronic toxicity was evaluated by the recommendation of WHO in Wistar rats at doses of 0.72 g/kg/day (equal to recommended human dose) and 2.16 g/kg/day (3 times as high as recommended human dose) for 8 consecutive weeks. In the evaluation of sub-chronic toxicity, there were no behavioral and physiological changes or signs of toxicity. The result of the hematological and biological parameters after administration of KND tablets showed no change. The histopathologic analysis of livers and kidneys indicated that no significant differences were observed between the exposed and unexposed rat groups. In conclusion, “Kien nao dan” tablets did not produce sub-chronic toxicity in Wistar rats.
Chi tiết bài viết
“Kien nao dan” tablet, sub-chronic toxicity, Wistar rats
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Nagahiro S, Uno M, Sato K, Goto S, Morioka M, Ushio Y. Pathophysiology and treatment of cerebral ischemia. J Med Investig JMI. 1998;45(1-4):57-70.
3. Ifeoma O, Oluwakanyinsola S. Screening of Herbal Medicines for Potential Toxicities. IntechOpen. 2013.
4. Comparison of effectiveness and safety between granules and decoction of Chinese herbal medicine: A systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Elsevier Enhanced Reader.
5. Organization WH. WHO Guidelines for Assessing Quality of Herbal Medicines with Reference to Contaminants and Residues. World Health Organization; 2007. Accessed June 27, 2021.
6. Tomar RS, Jyoti A, Kaushik S. Nanobiotechnology: Concepts and Applications in Health, Agriculture, and Environment. CRC Press. 2020.
7. Assessment report on Ginkgo biloba L., folium. 120.
8. Yang F, Dong X, Yin X, Wang W, You L, Ni J. Radix Bupleuri: A Review of Traditional Uses, Botany, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, and Toxicology. BioMed Res Int. 2017;2017:7597596.
9. Li F, Liu B, Li T, et al. Review of Constituents and Biological Activities of Triterpene Saponins from Glycyrrhizae Radix et Rhizoma and Its Solubilization Characteristics. Molecules. 2020;25(17):3904.