Nội dung chính của bài viết
In this study, the toxicities of “Da day An Chau” tablets (DDAC) were assessed on experimental animals. To evaluate the acute toxicity on Swiss mice according to World Health Organization Guidance and to determine LD50 refer to the method of Litchfield – Wilcoxon. The subchronic toxicity study of DDAC at two doses (0.58 g/kg/day and 1.74 g/kg/day) was conducted in rats for four consecutive weeks. Evaluation of general conditions and weight of rats during the study period. Rat’s blood was taken for hematological and biochemical evaluations. The livers and kidneys microscopes were evaluated at the end of the experiment. The result revealed that mice were taken up to a maximum dose of 25.71 g/kg with no symptoms of acute toxicity; LD50 of DDAC has not been determined. At two doses, the subchronic toxicity study did not change rats’ body weight, hematological, biochemical parameters, and microscopic of the livers and kidneys during the study period.
Chi tiết bài viết
Acute toxicity, subchronic toxicity, Da day An Chau, experimental animals
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Duong Hong Thai, Dong Duc Hoang. Evaluate the value of the GERDQ questionnaire in detecting the demand for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease. Thai Nguyen University of Science and Technology Journal. 2012; 89: 49–53.
3. A. Becher, H. El - Serag. Systematic review: The association between symptomatic response to proton pump inhibitors and health - related quality of life in patients with gastro - oesophageal reflux disease. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2011; 34(6): 618–627.
4. Koji Takeuchi, Kenji Nagahama. Animal Model of Acid - Reflux Esophagitis: Pathogenic Roles of Acid/Pepsin, Prostaglandins, and Amino Acids. BioMed Research International. 2014; Volume 2014: 1–10.
5. Ministry of health. Vietnam Pharmacopoeia. Medical Publishing House. 2018; 1243–1244.
6. Do Tat Loi. Vietnamese medicinal plants and herbs. In: Hong Duc Publishing House; 2005:481 - 482.
7. Huynh Tan Hoi. H. Pylori bacteria – cause of peptic ulcer and some treatments. Journal of Critical Reviews. 2020;7(14):887 - 890.
8. Do Huy Bich et al. Medicinal plants and medicinal animals in Vietnam. Hanoi Science and Technology Publishing House. 2006; 141–143.
9. Aziz M. A, Habib M. R, Karim M. R. Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Activities of Hedychium coronarium J. Koenig. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 2009; 5(6): 969–972.
10. Suresh G, Reddy P. P, Babu K. S. Two new cytotoxic labdane diterpenes from the rhizomes of Hedychium coronarium. Bioorganic & amp; Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2010; 20: 7544 – 7548.
11. Hua Hongping. An article for the treatment of psoriasis according to traditional Chinese medicine. Licensed by the State Intellectual Property office of the People’s Republic of China. 2015.
12. WHO. Working group on the safety and efficacy of herbal medicine”, Report of regional office for the western pacific of the World Health Organization. 2000.
13. Litchfield. J. T, Wilcoxon. F. A simplified method of evaluating dose - effect experiments. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 1949;96:99 - 113.
14. OECD. Test Guideline for the Testing of Chemicals. Repeated dose 28 - day Oral toxicity Study in Rodents, OECD 407. 2008.
15. Nguyen Thi Kim Thuy. Research on the chemical composition and biological activity of substances extract from Hedychium coronarium Koenig. Chemistry and natural compounds. Institute of Natural Products Chemistry - Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology. 2013.