Nội dung chính của bài viết
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) have been a public health issue in many developing countries, especially in Vietnam. Unsafe sex is considered to be one of the main causes to increase infected person. Therefore, we conducted a study on 3005 men who presented to the Andrology and Sexual Medicine Units of Hanoi Medical University Hospital to analyze the correlation between sexual behaviors and sexually transmitted diseases in men. The result showed that the mean age at first sex (AFS) was 21 years old. The median number of stable sexual partners was 2, the overall rate of STDs was 9.95%, in particular, the proportion of STDs in single men was higher than the married group (11.8% and 7.5%, p < 0.001), men having first intercourse before 25 years old had the rate of STDs was higher compared with their counterpart (21.1% vs. 13.2%, p = 0.002). Subjects with multiple unstable sexual partners were 2.11 times more likely to be infected with STDs, and the risk of infecting STDs would rise 6% for each additional sex partner.
Chi tiết bài viết
Men, risk, STDs, sexual behaviors.
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. WHO warns of 1 million new sexually transmitted diseases each day. World Health Organization (WHO). 2019;
3. Report on global sexual transmitted infection surveillance. World Health Organization (2018).
4. Abu S. M. Abdullah M, Mph, Phd, Richard Fielding, Phd, Anthony J. Hedley, Md, Ffphm, And Yee K. Luk, Mstat. Risk Factors for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Casual Sex Among Chinese Patients Attending Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinics in Hong Kong. Department of Community Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. 2001;
5. Nguyễn Thị Thanh Phương, Nguyễn Hữu Đức Anh, et al. Knowledge and attitudes about sexually transmitted diseases among university students in Hanoi in 2019. Journal of Medical Research 2020;(2):129 - 137.
6. Results from entire population and housing census in 2019. General Statistics Office 2019.
7. Ku L. SFL, and Pleck J. H. Factors Influencing First Intercourse for Teenage Men. . Public Health Rep. 1993;15(108):680 - 694.
8. A. K. ZGAB. Early sexual initiation in Europe and its relationship with legislative change: A systematic review. International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice. 2019;(57):70 - 82.
9. Lê Minh Vũ. Pre - marital sex: a study comparing young people in Hanoi, Shanghai, and Taiwan. ournal of Experimental Sociology. 2010;(2):21 - 30.
10. C KSaL. Factors Affecting Sexually Transmitted Infections in South Korean High School Students. Public Health Nurs. 2016;33(3):179 - 188.
11. Brookmeyer K. A. HLT, Hogben M et al. Sexual risk behaviors and STDs among persons who inject drugs: A national study. Preventive Medicine, . 2019;(126):105779.
12. Hansen B. T. KSK, Arnheim - Dahlström L et al. Age at first intercourse, number of partners and sexually transmitted infection prevalence among Danish, Norwegian and Swedish women: estimates and trends from nationally representative cross - sectional surveys of more than 100 000 women. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2020;99(2):175 - 185.
13. C. E K. Young Age at First Sexual Intercourse and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Adolescents and Young Adults. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2005;161(774 - 780)