Nội dung chính của bài viết
This study evaluated the effects of Hamo NK hard capsule on athresclerosis using experimental atherosclerosis model. NewZealand White rabbits were fed a high-fat diet (HFD) containing cholesterol and peanut oil. The animals received oral administration of HFD and Hamo NK hard capsule at two doses of 0.126 and 0.378 g/kg bw/day for 8 consecutive weeks. Blood samples were collected for analyis of biochemical parameters at before treatment, week 4 and week 8. Histopathology assessments of the aortic artery and liver were carried out at the end of the experiment. Hamo NK was effective in reducing serum triglyceride level after 8 weeks of the experiment. In addition, Hamo NK at two doses of 0.126 g/kg b.w and 0.378 g/kg b.w for 8 consecutive weeks did not affect the cholesterol, LDL-C and HDL-C concentrations induced by a HFD. Hamo NK at the dose of 0.126 g/kg bw/day was not only able to decrease significant aortic surface lesions but also capable of managing atherosclerosis plaques formation in aorta; whereas theses activities were not notiaceable at the dose of 0.378 g/kg b.w.
Chi tiết bài viết
Hamo NK hard capsule, experimental atherosclerosis model, high-fat diet.
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Lusis AJ. Atherosclerosis. Nature. 2000;407(6801):233-241. doi:10.1038/35025203
3. Gorelick Philip B., Goldstein Larry B., Ovbiagele Bruce. New Guidelines to Reduce Risk of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease. Stroke. 2014;45(4):945-947. doi:10.1161/STROKEAHA.114.004560
4. Ohsfeldt RL, Gandhi SK, Fox KM, Bullano MF, Davidson M. Medical and cost burden of atherosclerosis among patients treated in routine clinical practice. Journal of Medical Economics. 2010;13(3):500-507. doi:10.3111/13696998.2010.506348
5. Liu Q, Li J, Hartstone-Rose A, et al. Chinese Herbal Compounds for the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis: Experimental Evidence and Mechanisms. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. doi:https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/752610
6. Fan J, Kitajima S, Watanabe T, et al. Rabbit models for the study of human atherosclerosis: from pathophysiological mechanisms to translational medicine. Pharmacol Ther. 2015;0:104-119. doi:10.1016/j.pharmthera.2014.09.009
7. Yu J-J, Su J, Yan M-Q, Lou Z-H, Lyu G-Y. [Correlation between lipid-lowering efficacy and components of Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2019;44(15):3335-3342. doi:10.19540/j.cnki.cjcmm.20190523.304
8. Guo M, Liu Y, Gao Z-Y, Shi D. Chinese Herbal Medicine on Dyslipidemia: Progress and Perspective. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014;2014:e163036. doi:10.1155/2014/163036
9. Yang Z, Liu Y, Deng W, et al. Hesperetin attenuates mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in lipopolysaccharide-induced H9C2 cardiomyocytes. Molecular Medicine Reports. 2014;9(5):1941-1946. doi:10.3892/mmr.2014.2002
10. Ou L, Sun X, Liu Q, Mi S, Wang N. Effects of Rhizoma zingiberis and Pericarpium citri reticulatae extracts on myocardial ischemia in rats. Zhong Yao Cai. 2009;32(11):1723-1726.
11. Yang L, Hou A-J, Yan M-L, et al. Investigation of radix achyranthis bidentatae phytochemistry and pharmacology. World Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2019;5:50. doi:10.4103/wjtcm.wjtcm_25_18
12. Lin H-Y, Kuo Y-H, Lin Y-L, Chiang W. Antioxidative Effect and Active Components from Leaves of Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera). J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57(15):6623-6629. doi:10.1021/jf900950z