Nội dung chính của bài viết
Dyslipidemia is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Polyherbal formulation is a traditional therapeutic strategy used to treat dyslipidemia over many years of tradition. The aim of this study was designed to evaluate the effects of Hamo NK hard capsule on endogenous dyslipidemia and exogenous dyslipidemia experimental animal model. In endogenous hyperlipidemia model, mice were previously treated by Hamo NK hard capsule, and intraperitoneally injected by poloxamer - 407 to induce hyperlipidemia. Rats were oral administration of oil - cholesterol mixture and Hamo NK for 4 consecutive weeks (exogenous dyslipidemia). Parameters of serum lipid were determined. Hamo NK ameliorated the elevation of serum total cholesterol, Non - HDL - cholesterol at the daily dose of 1.5g/kg b.w (p < 0.05). Also, there was no signicant difference in increase on high - density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and decrease triglyceride levels between the groups. Hamo NK at two doses of 0.25g/kg b.w and 0.75g/kg b.w significantly reduced serum LDL - C levels compared to the cholesterol control group. Hamo NK hard capsule affected on serum lipid modulations in dyslipidemia models.
Chi tiết bài viết
Hamo NK, dyslipidemia, serum lipid levels.
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Welz AN, Emberger - Klein A, Menrad K. Why people use herbal medicine: insights from a focus - group study in Germany. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18. doi:10.1186/s12906 - 018 - 2160 - 6
3. Rader DJ, Hobbs. Disorders of lipoprotein metabolism. In: HH Harrisons’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 20th edition. New York: McGraw - Hill.
4. Golomb BA, Evans MA. Statin Adverse Effects: A Review of the Literature and Evidence for a Mitochondrial Mechanism. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs Drugs Devices Interv. 2008; 8(6):373 - 418.
5. Jj Y, J S, Mq Y, Zh L, Gy L. Correlation between lipid - lowering efficacy and components of Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi Zhongguo Zhongyao Zazhi China J Chin Mater Medica. 2019; 44(15):3335 - 3342. doi:10.19540/j.cnki.cjcmm.20190523.304
6. Effects of Imperata cylindrica Polysaccharides on Glucose and Lipid Metabolism in Diabetic Mice. Food Science 2012(19). Accessed August 4, 2020. http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL - SPKX201219064.htm
7. Ming Guo, Yue Liu, Zhu - Ye Gao, Da - zhuo Sh. Chinese Herbal Medicine on Dyslipidemia: Progress and Perpective. Evidence - Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014; 2014.
8. Nassiri - Asl M, Zamansoltani F, Abbasi E, Daneshi MM, Zangivand AA. Effects of Urtica dioica extract on lipid profile in hypercholesterolemia rats. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine. 2009; 7(5):428433. doi: 10.3736/jcim20090506
9. Thanh Phuong Nguyen. Study on toxicity and effect of regulating dyslipidemia of Monacholes on experimental. 2011.
10. Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS. Estimation of the concentration of low - density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem. 1972; 18(6):499 - 502.
11. Millar JS, Cromley DA, McCoy MG, Rader DJ, Billheimer JT. Determining hepatic triglyceride production in mice: comparison of poloxamer 407 with Triton WR - 1339. J Lipid Res. 2005;46(9):2023 - 2028. doi:10.1194/jlr.D500019 - JLR200
12. The Role of Lipids and Lipoproteins in Atherosclerosis - Endotext - NCBI Bookshelf. Accessed August 6, 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK343489/
13. Mir Hakima, Krouf Djamil, Taleb - Dida Nawal, Berzou Sadia, Guenzet Akila, Khelladi HadjMostefa. Effects of citrus latifolia extract on dyslipidemia and tissues redox status in rats fed a high - cholesterol diet. Nutr Food Sci. 2019;49(6):989 - 999. doi:10.1108/NFS - 04 - 2018 - 0110
14. Zhou T, Luo D, Li X, Luo Y. Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of flavonoids from lotus (Nelumbo nuficera Gaertn) leaf in diabetic mice. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 2009; 3(4):290 - 293.
15. Xiong H, Wang J, Ran Q, et al. Hesperidin: A Therapeutic Agent For Obesity. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. doi:10.2147/DDDT.S227499
16. Johnston TP, Korolenko TA, Sahebkar A. P - 407 - induced Mouse Model of Dose - controlled Hyperlipidemia and Atherosclerosis: 25 Years Later. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2017; 70(5):339 - 352. doi:10.1097/FJC.0000000000000522
17. Zhang M, Li X, Liang H, et al. Semen Cassiae Extract Improves Glucose Metabolism by Promoting GlUT4 Translocation in the Skeletal Muscle of Diabetic Rats. Front Pharmacol. 2018;9. doi:10.3389/fphar.2018.00235